photo new_menu_home.png photo new_menu_aboutpsd.png photo new_menu_contactcopy1.png

Monday, September 30, 2013

Weekend Recap and Weekly Wishes

This weekend we were able to travel down to Las Vegas to stay with my sister-in-law and her family.  We also went down to support her in a Natural Body Building Competition.  We drove down Friday afternoon and reached Las Vegas that night.  We have some friends that moved down there a couple of years ago and we haven't seen them since then so we decided to go visit them that night once we got in.  We met them at their house and then went to Rocket Fizz, a soda shop, to try all of their interesting soda.
 

It is kind of hard to see but the photo on the left has Peach, Green Apple Jalapeno, and Fudge Brownie Cookie Dough.  Yes, those are soda's my friends, carbonated, sometimes good tasting, soda.  The other kinds we had were Ranch Dressing (I didn't try it because I don't like Ranch but my husband did and he said he was nasty and tasted like chalk, it smelled terrible!), Huckleberry, Blueberry, and Tangerine. Oh I forgot one, Bacon, I tried this one and it wasn't terrible just tasted like burnt bacon bits. There were some really yummy ones like Peach, Tangerine, and Blueberry.  If you ever have a chance to go to a Rocket Fizz near you, you should try getting some yummy ones and gross ones and just try them.  It was really fun.  They also have candy from old days that we don't see anymore and all varieties of brands soda.  If there is a soda that you want but can't find I am sure Rocket Fizz has it.
Cameron our friend on the left, my husband Derek on the right.
Lorna, Cameron's wife, and I dared our husbands to try the ultimate soda bomb combination.  They combined all of the kinds mentioned above into one.  I was surprised that they didn't make any weird faces.  They said it tasted fine and that some flavors over powered the gross kinds.  Let's just say we were in a sugar coma after drinking all of those sodas.  It was such a great evening reminiscing with our friends and laughing, we didn't want to leave.  

The next morning was the day of my sister-in-laws competition.  She had a prejudging in the morning that we didn't want to go to so we stayed home with our nieces and nephew.  We took them to this cool park that they have by their house.  

 



His face may look like he didn't have a blast but he did, he kept going down the slides and screaming and having fun, I just took the picture at the wrong time.

It was getting pretty hot so we decided to buy ice cream from the ice cream guy for everyone.

I love these kiddos! It was so great to hang out with them!!

My sister-in-law did great in her competition she got 2nd in one category and then 3rd in another.  She worked so hard for this and she did such a great job! We got to go to Cheesecake Factory to celebrate after the competition was finally over. All in all it was a great trip seeing and spending time with family and friends. 
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I found this really awesome idea from Melyssa from The Nectar Collective you write down your goals for the week and then write about how well you did on your goals from the previous week.  Since I am just starting I will just be posting my goals for this week.  

* Goal 1: Since I went to a Body Building competition I have a new inspiration to work out and get healthy.  What I loved about the competition we went to was that it was an all natural body building so no one used steroids or pills.  So my first goal for this week is to work out everyday and try to eat healthy.

* Goal 2: I want to work on posting a blog post at least three times this week.

*Goal 3: Reconnect with an old friend.  I realized with meeting up with our friends in Las Vegas that I have been too caught up in my own life that I haven't tried to be a good friend to those around me.  I love reconnecting with people and I want to try to reconnect with at least one. 


*Goal 4: Smile to anyone I come in contact with and to think positive.  I have heard that if you are thinking positive you will be happier in your life.  I have been struggling lately and I have those moments where I focus on the bad that is going on in my life and it gets me down and depressed and I hate feeling that way.  So here is to hoping I can be a happier person this week.

I think that is plenty of goals for me this week.  Hopefully I will be able to remember them and work hard on them each day.

What are your goals for the week?  Do you write them down to help you remember them?