photo new_menu_home.png photo new_menu_aboutpsd.png photo new_menu_contactcopy1.png

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Summer Recap

I know it feels like summer ended a long time ago with kids being back in school for a couple of weeks now, but it's never too late to do a summer recap.  I thought it would be fun to share with you all the fun things that we got to do this summer.  I love summertime and being able to spend time with family and be in the sunshine.  This summer was a really great summer take a look and see!

Derek graduated with his Bachelors in Communication with an Emphasis in Electronic Media from Weber State University.  This was such a great day! It was a long time coming for him to graduate and I couldn't be more proud of him.  Now he has started his Masters in Communication through Gonzaga University online. Go husband!
One weekend we decided that it would be fun to have two of my four brothers, Carson and Zac, come over for a sleepover. We took them to a petting zoo that they were having in our area.  Then afterwards we went up to Derek's brothers' house, they live in farm country and have all sorts of animals.  Carson and Derek learned how to milk a goat!  They said that it was harder than they thought but a lot of fun.  After milking the goat we went over to their neighbor's house to see some baby cows.  Then they said they had an old bull if we wanted to go see it. I guess it is super calm because they let Carson get on it and ride it with no problem.  He had a blast.  I sent that picture on the top left to my mom and she got all worried.  After all of the fun on the farm was over we went back to our apartment and swam.  We had such a great time with them and I hope they enjoyed it. 
For Derek's birthday, in May, I surprised him with a shooting party.  He had wanted to go shooing for such a long time but we could never make it work so I surprised him.  I had talked with our friends through Facebook without him knowing for two months before.  I planned to have them all bring the guns, and talked with his brother about a good place to go shooting.  The day finally came for his birthday.  We hung out with his family in the afternoon and then we left to take him to his surprise.  I told him that we were going to dinner and I wanted it to be a surprise so I blind folded him and drove him all the way out to where we were going to go shooting.  He had no idea where we were going he didn't even know how far we had gone.  When we arrived at the place I had all of his friends sitting outside with guns in their hands and took him out of the car and took off his blind fold.  He was so surprised.  We had a great night shooting and hanging out with friends and then we went back to one of our friends house and ate dinner and played games.  I was pretty proud of myself for being able to keep it a secret for so long.


Wow sorry for the picture overload!  My parents surprised our family with a trip to Hawaii.  As you can see we had a total blast! I miss it so much I wish we could go back!!!
We went to the 4th of July parade with our niece Kinsley and her parents Kami and Spencer.  Isn't she such a doll?!
My birthday is July 25, and in Utah on July 24 we have a holiday that is called Pioneer Day where we celebrate the pioneers coming to Utah.  On this holiday we have a parade and rodeos and other fun things.  This year I begged Derek to take me to the rodeo for my birthday, I love the rodeo and Derek and never been to the Pioneer Day Rodeo.  He told me we were going and surprised me with cowgirl boots that I got to go pick out.  These are my first real pair of cowgirl boots and I love them.  The rodeo was so fun and I just love seeing the talented cowboys.
We went on many date nights this one was at the drive in.  We love drive ins!! 
Pineview Reservoir with our puppies. 
Grandpa teaching my brothers how to play basketball.  he is such an amazing man, he can't see very well but he still knows how to play basketball.  
Making sushi at home.  So delicious and saves some money.  We love sushi! 

We also went camping with Derek's family but I don't have any pictures of that. It was a fun time.!  Whew what a summer we had! I hope you didn't feel to overloaded with pictures.  


What were your favorite moments from your summer?