photo new_menu_home.png photo new_menu_aboutpsd.png photo new_menu_contactcopy1.png

Monday, September 16, 2013

Sometimes I Want to Laugh....

...And then I want to cry.  This weekend my husband, Derek, came home from work really upset and sad.  He walked in the door and I knew something was wrong.  I asked him what was wrong and he proceeded to tell me that he had just been let go from his company and no longer had a job.  I was shocked, confused, and angry.  It took me a couple of minuets to realize what he had just said and to process it and then the tears came down.  I started thinking about how we were going to pay for everything and then even more tears started flowing just thinking about everything.  I was uncontrollable.  Derek had just been let go from his previous job six months ago and we were starting to get caught up on debt when yet again he was let go.  How are we going to survive?  Why did this have to happen to us again?

 If you haven't read my About Me page then you probably don't know that I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  Yesterday at church I had the most amazing experiences that I could have ever imagined.  During our Sacrament meeting every talk that was spoken was exactly what my husband and I needed to hear.  They talked about how Heavenly Father is always with us and that he is aware of our challenges.  He knows what we are going through and is there by our side to help us.  He gives us trials and tribulations to make us stronger.  And during those moments I felt his arms wrap around me and tell me that everything will be okay and great amazing things are in store for my husband and I.  Now I know you all won't believe this experience but I am here to testify of it and if you have the chance to learn more I challenge you to do so.  


One thing that I read while partaking of the sacrament 
was a talk by President Dieter F. Uctdorf titled Saints for all Seasons it is such an amazing message, I have included the link to it so that you can read it for yourself.  He starts off by saying, "We have seasons in our lives as well.  Some are warm and pleasant.  Others are not.  Some of the days in our lives are as beautiful as pictures in a calendar.  And yet there are days and circumstances that cause heartache and may bring into our lives deep feelings of despair, resentment, and bitterness." Um... HELLO! These are the exact feelings that I have been feeling. He continues on to say, "Our all-wise Heavenly Father knew that for His children to grow into the begins they were designed to become, they would need to experience seasons of adversity during their sojourn in mortality.  The Book of Mormon prophet Lehi said that without opposition, 'righteousness could not be brought to pass' (2 Nephi 2:11).  Indeed, it is life's bitterness that allows us to recognize, contrast, and appreciate its sweetness."  I am honestly grateful for this hard time we are going through so that I could feel what I felt yesterday.

This has been our quote for the last couple of days.  We feel like we can go anywhere in the world to find a job.  We have nothing holding us here, other than our famlies, but our apartment lease is up in October and we can go anywhere.  And honestly, it's really exciting.    

Yes it is so hard to go through knowing that my husband's pay is not going to help us pay our bills, not knowing where the money is going to come from to pay for our apartment, or gas for our cars.  However, I know that everything will be okay and that we will figure it all out.  We have received an outpouring of love and support for us going through this time in our lives and I couldn't be more grateful. I will choose to be happy, I will choose to be grateful because we have exciting things in store for us. I can just feel it.  I hope you all have the chance to read this article, I think everyone can relate in some way or another and I hope it brightens your Monday!